Although i am now a massive fan of the Brother Scan 'N' Cut Machine i Still run Cricut retreats Four times every year, Below is our most recent project.
Feel free to follow my step by step instructions below and get your house into the holiday spirits.
Anna Griffin Winter Wonderland cartridge
Theresa Collins 25th of December cartridge
Dark, Kiwi and Dotty green card.
Bright pink Dot card
Light pink dot card.
Tilda Christmas play paper pad
Woodware Metal Hearts
White and Shabby Blue Frantage.
Red Crinkle edged ribbon
Red/Cream Grosgrain Ribbon
Brown gingham ribbon
Pink ric rac Ribbon.
Step by Steps
• Do a test cut for your pressure and blade depth and insert the Anna Griffin cartridge and the Universal overlay.
• Place the dark green card on your mat, texture side up. Load mat. Turn to page 35 in the book. Set the dial size to 5 1/2”. Press 18, four times. IF YOU ARE USING A SMALL CRICUT YOU WILL PRESS TWO AND CUT THEM AND THEN CUT TWO MORE ON THE OTHER PIECE OF CARD. Press cut. Unload mat. If you have a flip facility on your machine then activate it. Load another piece of dark green card on to the mat. Load mat, press repeat last and cut. Unload mat.
If you DON’T HAVE a FLIP facility the place your card on the mat texture side down. Press repeat last and cut. All together you should have 4 green holly sprigs going one way and four going the other way….
• Repeat the number 2 instruction using the green dotty card.
• Next you need the KIWI Green card on your mat. For those of you with smaller cricuts you need to trim the card down to 6” wide. Put the card on the mat aligning it to the bottom left hand corner of the mat. Load the mat. Using the directional arrow buttons around the cut button move the blade to the top right hand corner of the card and press set cut area.
You need 8 number 18’s. These wont all fit on one sheet so use as many as you need. Because the Kiwi card is smooth on both sides you don’t need to use the flip facility ;)
• Put the red card on your mat. Leaving the size dial as it is, Press F1. Press 18, 16 times. Unload mat.
• Put the bright pink dotty card on the mat, press 18, four times and cut. Either use the flip function or turn the card over and repeat last. Cut. Unload mat.
The red berries go with the dark green and the dotty green holly sprigs and the pink ones with the plain kiwi card. Remove F1.
• Put the Kraft card on the mat. Load mat. Turn to page 23. Set the dial size to 3 ½”. Press 12, four times and cut. Depending on your machine you may have to do this more than once to get four.
• Change the dial size to 2 ½”. Press 12 four times and cut. So you should now have 4 large and 4 small number 12’s. Cut them in half.
• Still using Kraft card, turn to page 7. Set the dial size to 4”. Press shift lock, F1 and 4, three times. Press cut. Unload mat. Change for more Kraft card if necessary. Load mat. Turn to page 11. Set the dial size to 3”. Make sure shift lock and F1 are still engaged. Press 6, three times. Cut. Unload mat. Remove F1
• Put the turquoise card on the mat. Load mat. Turn to page 7. Press 4, three times and cut. Unload mat.
• Put the Kiwi card on the mat. Load mat. Press shift lock and 4, three times. Cut. Unload mat. Remove shift lock.
• Put the red card on the mat. Set the size dial to 3”. Turn to page 11. Press 6, three times and cut. Unload mat.
Put the bright pink dotty card on the mat. Load mat. Press F1 and 6, three times and cut. Unload mat.
• Turn to page 15. Put the Kiwi card on the mat. Set the dial size to 4”. Press 8, three times. Cut. Put the pale pink dot card on the mat. Load mat. Press shift lock and 8, three times. Unload mat. Remove shift lock.
• Change the cartridge to the 25th of December. Put the turquoise card on the mat. Load mat. Set the dial size to 2”. Turn to the back page of the shape leaflet and press Snwflk3, eight times. Cut. Unload mat.
• Change the size dial to 1 ½”. Put the silver card on the mat. Load mat. Tur to the inside of the leaflet and find snowflake layer. The button for this is the last one on the second row. Press this ten times and cut.
• Unload mat. If you own all mixed up the cut CHRISTMAS from one of the Tilda papers 1” in size. Then put the shadow feature on and repeat last from Kraft card.
• Everything else for the project is either cut by the scan ’n’ cut or punches or by hand so you can now put your Cricuts away…….now the real work begins;)
You Will Need 21, 6 petal flowers from a red paper. 12 from a cream paper.
Lovely to have you posting again.
So missed coming on the retreat this year so am going to enjoy having a go at making the Christmas swag. It looks fabulous.
Wow wow wow mel you realy surpast your self this looks absolutely lovely and realy wished i had been there. XxxReplyDelete
Hi mel, whot card range did you use? XxxReplyDelete
Used Kaisercraft card and Tilda papers. We missed you too. X
Wowzer Mel this is awesome stunning lush bows..bet it looks even better IRL..ReplyDelete
smiles Christine ..aka nanaseaside.. xx
ps Love your wallpaper..lol
Beautiful project! Thanks so much!ReplyDelete
I found you as a result of a post by Pam Leng on a Facebook group. So happy to have found your blog!
Yes, Thanks Pam Leng for leading us to Melanie. Such a beautiful banner! Thanks Melanie, for the tutorial!ReplyDelete
learned about you from Pam Leng also...beautiful workReplyDelete