Monday 3 June 2013

Designer of the Month Project 1.

This project is a gift bag decorated with a beach theme. The title on the bag says ‘Fun Beach Memories’ because I thought you could fill it with photos, postcards, pebbles, shells or any other mementos from a holiday or day out.



I used quite muted colours because I wanted it to look natural, which is also why I chose to use the Kraft bag and twine. I created the clusters of embellishments above and below the topper so it would look balanced. I chose the layout of these by placing them down without adhesive first so I could move things around if I needed to. Another thing that I did to link everything together was to matt the big topper onto a piece of paper and use some scalloped scissors to create an inverted scallop. I did this so that it would match the edge of the smaller boat topper.


Here’s a list of what I used:
-    Hunkydory ‘The Great British Summer’ Collection
-    Webster’s Pages ‘Sunday Picnic and Everyday Poetry’ 6x6 Paper Pad
-    S.e.i ‘Field Notes’ Sticker Sheet
-    2 Pieces of Jute Twine
-    A Kraft Paper Bag (8.5x7 inches)
-    Prima Paper Flowers
-    Buttons and Twine
-    Gems
-    Alphabet Stickers including: Amy Tangerine ‘Goodness’ Thickers; Echo Park ‘Life is Good’ Stickers; Cosmo Cricket Yellow Tiny Type Stickers. 

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous bag and such a fab idea to keep it filled with treasures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a really pretty bag you have given it a real seaside feel, lovely
    Ria

    ReplyDelete