I used quite muted colours because I wanted it to look natural, which is also why I chose to use the Kraft bag and twine. I created the clusters of embellishments above and below the topper so it would look balanced. I chose the layout of these by placing them down without adhesive first so I could move things around if I needed to. Another thing that I did to link everything together was to matt the big topper onto a piece of paper and use some scalloped scissors to create an inverted scallop. I did this so that it would match the edge of the smaller boat topper.
Here’s a list of what I used:
- Hunkydory ‘The Great British Summer’ Collection
- Webster’s Pages ‘Sunday Picnic and Everyday Poetry’ 6x6 Paper Pad
- S.e.i ‘Field Notes’ Sticker Sheet
- 2 Pieces of Jute Twine
- A Kraft Paper Bag (8.5x7 inches)
- Prima Paper Flowers
- Buttons and Twine
- Alphabet Stickers including: Amy Tangerine ‘Goodness’ Thickers; Echo Park ‘Life is Good’ Stickers; Cosmo Cricket Yellow Tiny Type Stickers.