Friday 28 June 2013

Card and Shadow Box by Lindsey Worth



What I used:
·         S.e.i Field Notes Shadow box, Papers, Die-cuts and stickers (Card and Frame)
·         Kaisercraft Lake House rub-ons (Frame)
·         Blue Acrylic Paint (Frame)
·         Gold Peel-offs (Frame)
·         Green Stickles Glitter Glue (Frame)
·         Red Cardstock (12x6 inches) (Card)
·         Red Gemstones (Frame)
·         Red Ribbon (Card)
·         Cuttlebug Flower Embossing Folder (Card)
·         Hot Off the Press Home Grown Papers and Die-cuts (Card)
·         Vintage Photo Distress ink (Card and Frame)
·         With Love Rubber Stamp (Card)
·         Black Memento Ink (Card)
·         Nail File or Sanding Block (Card and Frame)




The idea behind the frame is that small hooks could be stuck to the top edge and used to hold keys. After putting the frame together I painted the whole thing blue to match the papers. I drew out the letters and cut them out by hand, then I used stickles glitter glue to fill them in. I used lots of different patterns and colours in this one project so I tied them all together by inking the edges with vintage photo distress ink. It gives it a vintage look which works well with the rich colours in the paper. When I was covering the outside of the frame with paper, I used a nail file to rub over the edges and make sure they were smooth.



My other project is an easel card. I usually use white card bases, but i decided on red because the colours in the papers are very rich. I used an embossing folder on the red patterned paper on the base, and then sanded it back to bring out the white core. I also rubbed over some distress ink to give it more of a vintage feel, as well as inking all the edges. The bow in the ribbon and ‘perfect’ sentiment act as a stopper and the ribbon also adds some different texture. Behind the main floral topper I added a couple die-cuts and stickers to give it more layers and also used a small stamp to add more detail to the backing paper.



I hope you like them :) x

4 comments:

  1. Just lovely, great colours and beautiful embelishments.

    Mel can I please ask you if you know where I can get extender posts for the Colorbok 12x12 albums, I am really stuggling and the person who I buy the books off doesn't stock them either, just wondered if you had bought them, thank you. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie
    I have sent a message to Colorbok to try and find out for you.
    Will let you know when they reply.
    Have a good weekend
    Melanie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you so much Mel.
    Any help finding them would be great.
    I have several posts here, but none fit.
    I do have your email, but if you would like mine then let me know.
    Thank you again,
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete