FLOWER SHOPPE WREATH
2 x sets of co-ordinating coloured card. Each set needs to consist of a DARK shade, a MID colour and a LIGHT colour. These sets will make up your large flowers. You then also need a set of FOUR pieces of co-ordinating card. This will be used to create the smaller daisies that sit in-between the large flowers. These need to be a DARK, a MID colour, a LIGHT colour and a BRIGHT colour
2x Different shades of green card. One must be darker than the other.
Two different colours of neutral card which will make the centres of the flowers.
A Brown ink pad and dry foam. Black and Brown fineliner pens. (You only need these if you intend to ink and dash your paper flower and leaf sections)
I am typing these instructions to suit the colours of my wreath. So is you are using different colours go on the shade of the card.
STEP BY STEP
- Place the DARK purple card on the mat. Make sure your pressure and blade depth settings are correct for the cardstock. Load mat. Set the size dial to 3". Open the book at page 12. Have a good look at the page and you will see that the pictures of the cartridge overlays show you where the button is that you need to press. Press BASIC 4, three times and CUT. Unload the mat.
- Put the MID purple colour on the mat. Load mat. Turn to PAGE 15. You are going to use RUFFLE 3. You need 10 of them for each purple flower. So press RUFFLE 3 30 times. How you do this will depend on which machine you are working on. If you are working on one of the smaller machines, then you will press the RUFFLE 3 button 10times. Then when it has finished cutting simply press REPEAT LAST and CUT. Then REPEAT LAST and CUT again.If you are working on either of the Expression machines, you can set the quantity you want. Unload mat.
- Put the LIGHT purple card on your mat. Load mat. Turn back to page 12. Press BASIC2 three times and CUT. Unload mat.
- Put one of your Neutral colours of card on to the mat. I have used a PALE YELLOW for the centres of my PURPLE flowers. Load Mat. Press BASIC 1 three times and CUT. Unload mat.
- Set the size dial to 2 ½". Put the DARK PINK card on to the mat. Load mat. Turn to page 14. Press HEART 4 four times and CUT. Unload mat. Put the MEDIUM PINK card on the mat. Load mat. You will need 5 of the HEART 3 shape for each flower. So altogether you need 20. So again, the machine you are using will determine how you do this. CUT and then UNLOAD mat.
- Put the LIGHT PINK card on your mat. Press HEART2, four times and CUT. UNLOAD mat.
- Put the other neutral colour card on your mat. I have used a LIGHT CREAM card for the centres of my PINK flowers. LOAD MAT. Press HEART 1, four times and CUT. UNLOAD MAT.
- Put the DARK YELLOW card on the mat. Set the size to 2". LOAD MAT. Turn to page 20. Press STACK 2, NINE times and CUT. Unload mat.
- Put the MID YELLOW card on the mat. LOAD MAT. Press REPEAT LAST and CUT. UNLOAD MAT. Put the LIGHT YELLOW card on the mat. LOAD MAT. Press REPEAT LAST and CUT. UNLOAD MAT.
- Put the BRIGHT YELLOW card on the mat. LOAD MAT. Turn to page 15. Press RUFFLE1 eight times and CUT. Unload MAT. Trust me it is eight not nine x x x
- Put the DARK GREEN card on the mat. LOAD MAT. Leave the size at 2". Turn to page 22. Press the SCALLOP 5 leaf thirteen times and CUT. UNLOAD MAT.
- Put the LIGHT GREEN card on the mat. LOAD MAT. Set the size to 2 ¼". Press EXOTIC 5, ten times and CUT. UNLOAD MAT.
- Ok, now it is time to start building your flowers. Take all the pieces for the PURPLE FLOWERS including the CENTRES. Ink and Dash the edges to suit your taste!!!!!!! This is the time to SHAPE the petals if you want to add dimension to your flowers. Start by sticking the DARK purple flower together with the tab. Then glue the individual MID purple petals to the inside of the DARK purple flower. I alternated these ie stuck every other one in place and then went back around and filled in the gaps. This gives you a neater flower.
- Then glue the LIGHT purple flower in to the centre using double thickness of foam pads. Take the LIGHT YELLOW centre and starting at the outside, roll it up to create the middle of the flower. Glue to hold in place.
- Pink next. Take the DARK PINK flowers and glue together with the tab. Take five of the MID PINK heart3 petals and glue them to the outside of the DARK flower. Repeat this on each flower. Take the LIGHT PINK flowers and cut into the petals slightly. Emboss them at this stage if you like. Then Glue them into the middle of the flowers using double thickness of foam pads. Finally take the LIGHT CREAM centres. Roll and Glue them and then stick them in to the centres of your flowers.
- Take one of each of the DARK, MID and LIGHT YELLOW flowers and in that order layer them on top of each other so the petals intersect each other. Roll and add the BRIGHT YELLOW centres.
- Make a BOW!!!!!!!!!
- Then build your wreath. I put my flowers on first and then added the leaves in between. I split the SCALLOP 5 leaves in to two sets of five and put some of them on facing one way and then flipped the other five and used them facing the opposite way.
Absolutely gorgeous. What do you stick them onto.ReplyDelete
I used an 8" wicker wreath. I also used Hot glue to stick it all together.ReplyDelete
hi mel so glad you are going to do some scrapbooking,there was some on the other day,and the photo to me looked drownded.it made me think about what you say,love bluebell-flowerwood.ReplyDelete
love love love it i am lucky enough to own this cartridge and its a favorite of mine...Mel i love watching you on tv I plan to try and come to one of your cricut classes to make sure i get full use of my machine. I love paper crafting and fine your designs insperational..ReplyDelete